There's something to be said for Kitchen Table Wisdom - you know, like in the old days when people sat around the kitchen table after a meal and talked about life, the universe and the meaning of it all - as well as the gossip doing the rounds in town...

Well, that's what this place is - a place to share common wisdom, thoughts and feelings about things important and unimportant, that bring us joy, laughter and happiness and that trouble, sadden, confuse and anger us ...

What I write here is what's 'real' for me. It won't always be PC or 'nice'. We're missing out on true connection and chances to grow and change because there's too little authenticity, too little honesty, too much holding back what we really feel and mean.

Welcome to my world...

I used to have a copyright claim here, but I've removed it...

Ideas don't belong to anyone -

they come to those who are receptive and are to be used for the well being of all...

I find images and movies and music all over the web

and I use them to accent/expand on my thoughts and understandings...


If you feel you have experienced or received something of value in reading my posts,

please consider either:

Giving a Koha/Love Offering Here - Donate with WePay

or paying it forward to those who need

material and emotional/spiritual sustenance in this world...


Thank You


As You Think, So It Is - Your Beliefs Create Your Reality

If your Reality isn't Working for You, Create a New One!

Life Unlimited!


Namaste

(the Divine in me, recognises and honours the Divine in you)

Sahila




Thursday, November 24, 2011

Everyone Loves A Parade...

 
I have this thing where brass and pipe bands and parades and crowds at sports arenas seriously freak me out...

 
I'm pulled into the energy and the excitement and at the same time, there's an overwhelming sense of danger, distress and distaste...
I think it's some kind of multi-generational cellular memory carried froward from the days of the Colosseum, or the Nuremberg rallies or something - that whole mindless crowd frenzy, group think hysteria stuff...



 

And its completely disturbing to see 'drill' teams of young girls - often comprised of one ethnicity and some only pre-schoolers - marching and shouting aggressive military-style chants...





 (interesting chicken-and-egg question - 
which comes first in the militarisation of our young?)
AND it also gives me the heebie-jeebies when some of my social activist friends call me or each other "comrade"... 
More "isms", more conflict, more implied aggression, more manipulation, more separating ourselves from our other 'selves'...
Whether it's communism or fascism people are espousing, for me, it's more looking back at the past, to dead white men's ideologies that did not work and relied, explicitly or implicitly, on a hierarchical structure of rulers and ruled, of leaders and followers...
So why do we need to do this thing, where we ask people to join us, and we tell them that if they're not with us, they're against us...
Why can't we simply acknowledge each other as friends?
"Strangers are friends we have not met yet"
Why can't we listen to each other?
Why can't we take the best of what has been tried before, leave what didn't work, add in a touch or two of creativity, mix it all up and try out what we get?
The way of the future is in synthesis and synergy... 
AND/ALSO - which brings PEACE...
not either/or - which brings conflict...
The complementarity of intuition with logic, of feminine with masculine, of art with science, of idealism with pragmatism, of the natural with the manufactured...
PEACE
I hope we get to try it...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment