|See the explanation of this principle and these terms below|
I say we do; whenever did the oligarchs stop to think (let alone care) about how their decisions, actions, manipulations affected another living being (other than those in their own circles)?
Do they ever show signs that they think of their fellow human beings as equal, unique individuals who are born to the same rights and privileges as they themselves have?
I say they don't...
But when one thinks of how one is going to do the utmost to nurture to full potential the 7 billion people we have on the planet, solving this issue becomes seemingly overwhelming...
Which gives the oligarchs the permission and the capacity to keep raping us, our children and the planet...
When should I use the BCG matrix model?
Each product has its product life cycle, and each stage in product's life-cycle represents a different profile of risk and return. In general, a company should maintain a balanced portfolio of products. Having a balanced product portfolio includes both high-growth products as well as low-growth products.
Placing products in the BCG matrix results in 4 categories in a portfolio of a company:
- Stars are defined by having high market share in a growing market.
- Stars are the leaders in the business but still need a lot of support for promotion a placement.
- If market share is kept, Stars are likely to grow into cash cows.
- These products are in growing markets but have low market share.
- Question marks are essentially new products where buyers have yet to discover them.
- The marketing strategy is to get markets to adopt these products.
- Question marks have high demands and low returns due to low market share.
- These products need to increase their market share quickly or they become dogs.
- The best way to handle Question marks is to either invest heavily in them to gain market share or to sell them.
- Cash cows are in a position of high market share in a mature market.
- If competitive advantage has been achieved, cash cows have high profit margins and generate a lot of cash flow.
- Because of the low growth, promotion and placement investments are low.
- Investments into supporting infrastructure can improve efficiency and increase cash flow more.
- Cash cows are the products that businesses strive for.
- Dogs are in low growth markets and have low market share.
- Dogs should be avoided and minimized.
- Expensive turn-around plans usually do not help.
your community, your school,
your neighbourhood, your state,
to the oligarchs?