There's something to be said for Kitchen Table Wisdom - you know, like in the old days when people sat around the kitchen table after a meal and talked about life, the universe and the meaning of it all - as well as the gossip doing the rounds in town...

Well, that's what this place is - a place to share common wisdom, thoughts and feelings about things important and unimportant, that bring us joy, laughter and happiness and that trouble, sadden, confuse and anger us ...

What I write here is what's 'real' for me. It won't always be PC or 'nice'. We're missing out on true connection and chances to grow and change because there's too little authenticity, too little honesty, too much holding back what we really feel and mean.

Welcome to my world...

I used to have a copyright claim here, but I've removed it...

Ideas don't belong to anyone -

they come to those who are receptive and are to be used for the well being of all...

I find images and movies and music all over the web

and I use them to accent/expand on my thoughts and understandings...


If you feel you have experienced or received something of value in reading my posts,

please consider either:

Giving a Koha/Love Offering Here - Donate with WePay

or paying it forward to those who need

material and emotional/spiritual sustenance in this world...


Thank You


As You Think, So It Is - Your Beliefs Create Your Reality

If your Reality isn't Working for You, Create a New One!

Life Unlimited!


Namaste

(the Divine in me, recognises and honours the Divine in you)

Sahila




Sunday, November 27, 2011

Life Is Full...

... of such delicious ironies...
Was told a few hours ago, in no uncertain terms, to leave as soon as possible from where we are staying because our presence is causing friction between the husband and wife in this 4,200sq ft house... 
9 days we have been here...
They took us in (had offered any help we needed a few months ago) after we were evicted from a week-to-week place...
But they have relationship issues - serious ones - and we appear to be the trigger for them boiling to the surface... 
The wife acknowledges that's what's going on, but still needs us out... not that we want to stay under this hostility...
And - 4,200sq ft they have here, with just themselves, their daughter, two cats and a puppy...
And the irony part???
Husband, wife and their child (and my boy) RIGHT NOW are putting up Christmas decorations INCLUDING the piece de resistance - a humble wooden nativity scene... you know - the hut/stable where Jesus was born/laid in a manger because there was no room in the inn?

The extent of the unconscious hypocrisy is hysterically hilarious...

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think..."
~ La Bruyere


Postscript (added 1 December 2011):
Well we are now staying with a social activist friend and her family  on Vashon Island...

Gorgeous views - quiet, the water and the green close by, just as I asked for...

One cat here; the other playing hard to get, hiding in the ceiling of the house we had been staying at... expect to retrieve him tomorrow...

"Man of the House" packed us up yesterday afternoon (while we were out!), and helped move our gear across to the island...

Saying goodbye, he apologised for being an "arsehole", as he put it... said he didn't really know why he behaved as he did and then came up with a whole bunch of 'reasons'...

Meanwhile, earlier in the day, myself and the "woman of the house" had had this email exchange:

"As I told P this morning, we are moving on today...

We are going to stay with an activist colleague on Vashon until the Dec 16 court hearing which will determine if I can go back to Australia WITH C...

We'll be moving late afternoon/early evening as my colleague is a teacher and has a meeting after school; she would prefer that we go across to Vashon together since I have not met her family...

She anticipates being in West Seattle around 5.15pm...

I dont know if P still wants to help move our stuff, seeing the location will be Vashon...
 
I can take us, our clothes and the cats today, plus some items can go in my friend's car; if it is possible to put the rest of our gear in your garage, I can come across tomorrow (Thursday) and pick them up...

Thanks for giving us a roof to shelter under for the past week and a half...

I am sorry for the inconvenience and conflict our presence exacerbated - if I had known you and P had these issues and that our presence would further fuel them, I would not have said "yes" to staying here...

Sahila"


"Great Sahila, I’m glad you have what sounds like a nice place until mid-December.   P would be glad to help load up for the ferry trip and then unload at the other end.  I told him the timeframe, so he may stay at work a little later, and show up around 2:30.

No apologies necessary or warranted.   My situation with P was the same before and will remain after.   No big.   He is rather brittle.   At times generous to a fault, then overreacts the other direction whereas I am quite resolute.   Privacy is obviously something we value greatly, and you can see how busy our schedules are.

I will probably see you around 4 today.
 
C..."

So, we're all happy(?) and I guess that's the end of that...






No comments:

Post a Comment