There's something to be said for Kitchen Table Wisdom - you know, like in the old days when people sat around the kitchen table after a meal and talked about life, the universe and the meaning of it all - as well as the gossip doing the rounds in town...

Well, that's what this place is - a place to share common wisdom, thoughts and feelings about things important and unimportant, that bring us joy, laughter and happiness and that trouble, sadden, confuse and anger us ...

What I write here is what's 'real' for me. It won't always be PC or 'nice'. We're missing out on true connection and chances to grow and change because there's too little authenticity, too little honesty, too much holding back what we really feel and mean.

Welcome to my world...

I used to have a copyright claim here, but I've removed it...

Ideas don't belong to anyone -

they come to those who are receptive and are to be used for the well being of all...

I find images and movies and music all over the web

and I use them to accent/expand on my thoughts and understandings...


If you feel you have experienced or received something of value in reading my posts,

please consider either:

Giving a Koha/Love Offering Here - Donate with WePay

or paying it forward to those who need

material and emotional/spiritual sustenance in this world...


Thank You


As You Think, So It Is - Your Beliefs Create Your Reality

If your Reality isn't Working for You, Create a New One!

Life Unlimited!


Namaste

(the Divine in me, recognises and honours the Divine in you)

Sahila




Sunday, December 26, 2010

Prayers From The Ojibway Nation...

 
 We know that in all Creation,
Only the human family
Has Strayed from the Sacred Way.

We know that we are the ones who are divided;
And we are the ones who must come back together
To Walk in the Sacred Way.

Sacred One, 
Teach us love, compassion, and honor; 
That we may heal the earth
And heal each other.
~ Prayer of the Ojibway Nation
 
Oh, Great Spirit,
whose voice I hear in the winds,
and whose breath gives life
to all the world, hear me!

I come to you as one of your many
children; 
I am weak...I am small...
I need your wisdom
and your strength.

Let me walk in beauty,
and make my eyes ever behold
the red and purple sunsets.

Make my hands respect
the things you have made,
and make my ears sharp
so I may hear your voice.

Make me wise
so I may understand
the things you have taught my people.

Let me learn
the lessons you have hidden
in every leaf and rock.

I ask for wisdom and strength
not to be greater than my brothers
and sisters, but to fight my greatest
enemy—myself.

Make me always ready
to come before you with clean hands
and a straight eye,
So as life fades away, as a fading sunset,
my spirit may come to you
without shame.
~ George Walters, White Earth Chippewa









No comments:

Post a Comment