There's something to be said for Kitchen Table Wisdom - you know, like in the old days when people sat around the kitchen table after a meal and talked about life, the universe and the meaning of it all - as well as the gossip doing the rounds in town...

Well, that's what this place is - a place to share common wisdom, thoughts and feelings about things important and unimportant, that bring us joy, laughter and happiness and that trouble, sadden, confuse and anger us ...

What I write here is what's 'real' for me. It won't always be PC or 'nice'. We're missing out on true connection and chances to grow and change because there's too little authenticity, too little honesty, too much holding back what we really feel and mean.

Welcome to my world...

I used to have a copyright claim here, but I've removed it...

Ideas don't belong to anyone -

they come to those who are receptive and are to be used for the well being of all...

I find images and movies and music all over the web

and I use them to accent/expand on my thoughts and understandings...


If you feel you have experienced or received something of value in reading my posts,

please consider either:

Giving a Koha/Love Offering Here - Donate with WePay

or paying it forward to those who need

material and emotional/spiritual sustenance in this world...


Thank You


As You Think, So It Is - Your Beliefs Create Your Reality

If your Reality isn't Working for You, Create a New One!

Life Unlimited!


Namaste

(the Divine in me, recognises and honours the Divine in you)

Sahila




Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Real Women - What Are Men Afraid Of?



I think human beings don't like to remember that biologically we are animals, we are related to the apes and apes are more or less hairy! 

Heaven forbid that we acknowledge that we have bodily functions, that we sweat and secrete fluids from various orifices and that those fluids have their own, unique scents that have a multitude of functions, one of them being to attract potential mates!


I think we like to forget our 'beastly' (dirty) primal nature and so to enable our denial, we cover ourselves up, primp and preen (grooming - as the apes do for each other) and have elaborate ideas/standards/techniques/rituals that distance us, take us away from the 'real' states of our bodies. 

Then I think there's a subconscious thing happening on the part of many men who are afraid of adult, powerful women, and so they want to have a relationship with someone with the pre-pubescent look of a bare female child body - only a step or two away from pedophilia, in my opinion...

Most fashion designers are (gay) males who don't like women and are designing for pre-pubescent boy figures.   How can any 'normal' woman fit that physical shape? They can't - only starving models can.   And our young girl children - already sexualised by the fashion industry and media - are learning that's how a woman's body is supposed to look and work and they become victims of eating disorders in an effort to be acceptable.

I think its really sad that women have been brainwashed to think that their normal, natural bodies are ugly and disgusting and unappealing/unattractive...

And then there's the money - billions and billions of dollars being spent in telling women how they have to look, and in creating mostly unhealthy, if not carcinogenic, ecologically damaging products that they need women to buy...

And now you have men buying into that - why men shave/wax their legs/arms etc I don't know... that whole buffed look, the exaggerated abs, the biceps, the product or bleach in the hair...

As a woman I know how much time it takes to maintain that look - and if a man is so into himself and/or so insecure about himself that he needs to go to these lengths to believe himself attractive or to make a statement... then I'm not interested... life's too short to spend so many hours looking in the mirror!

I want to be real, and so I rarely shave... used to and also used to wax... but a challenging life period and other more important things got in the way... didn't have the time or the money to get waxing done professionally (and not enough of a masochist to do it myself!) and got sick of getting the razor out each morning...

And I rebelled against the marketing campaigns that tell a woman she's only desirable if she's totally nude (except for a head full of luscious, flowing shoulder-length curly hair, preferably without any grey in it!) with a painted mask on her face, thin as a rake, with legs up to her armpits and watermelons for breasts ...

But I have to admit I am not at peace with myself over this - the marketing and 'stigma' has had its effect, and I too, fancy that, want to be seen as attractive. Its hard for me to go bare legged in summer, and I wear opaque tights or trousers in winter.   And menopause and changing hormone levels are facts in my life and there are those odd stray hairs appearing on the upper lip and on the chin that come with the wisdom years, that get tweezered out... I hate it that I sometimes still feel ashamed of/insecure about something that is a fact of nature and is not abnormal....

I have some older women friends - true crones - who are wild and natural and sexy and don't give a damn about what anyone thinks, do what they love, are fulfilled in their lives and are truly happy in their 'natural woman' skins - hair and all!

And I want to grow up to be like them - living life free of artificial constraints and standards, living real... and I want that for my daughters... and I want to be with a 'wild' (yet sophisticated and elegant! - no, they are not mutually-exclusionary qualities) man that knows and values that place of freedom and realness for himself, for me and for all living beings...

No comments:

Post a Comment