There's something to be said for Kitchen Table Wisdom - you know, like in the old days when people sat around the kitchen table after a meal and talked about life, the universe and the meaning of it all - as well as the gossip doing the rounds in town...

Well, that's what this place is - a place to share common wisdom, thoughts and feelings about things important and unimportant, that bring us joy, laughter and happiness and that trouble, sadden, confuse and anger us ...

What I write here is what's 'real' for me. It won't always be PC or 'nice'. We're missing out on true connection and chances to grow and change because there's too little authenticity, too little honesty, too much holding back what we really feel and mean.

Welcome to my world...

I used to have a copyright claim here, but I've removed it...

Ideas don't belong to anyone -

they come to those who are receptive and are to be used for the well being of all...

I find images and movies and music all over the web

and I use them to accent/expand on my thoughts and understandings...


If you feel you have experienced or received something of value in reading my posts,

please consider either:

Giving a Koha/Love Offering Here - Donate with WePay

or paying it forward to those who need

material and emotional/spiritual sustenance in this world...


Thank You


As You Think, So It Is - Your Beliefs Create Your Reality

If your Reality isn't Working for You, Create a New One!

Life Unlimited!


Namaste

(the Divine in me, recognises and honours the Divine in you)

Sahila




Monday, January 31, 2011

Miracles Do Happen!



I've been making arrangements for us to move out of this house - calling service providers to have my name taken off utility accounts etc...

And while I was making the second call this morning, one of my housemates came up from downstairs and asked to talk...

When I was finished with the call, he said he just wanted to see if we could get to the place where we could have an amicable conversation and ending of this experience...

He said he was sorry for all that had happened and for it having gotten so weird and horrible and out of control, and he acknowledged that his family had been dishing up crap... 

He said his mother had not been herself really since her last illness and that this would never have happened if she had been well...

(I didn't know her very well then, so haven't had prior experience to judge her behaviour, and to give me the insight to make extra allowances)...

WOW...


I thanked him for his courage in opening the dialogue; I know it was not easy for him because I have been wondering how to get back to some sort of civility and respect myself and had not found the way to open the door...

We are still going to move - my housemate's final journey is not something we are part of.   Her son confirmed that he had told her I have gifts to share with her on that journey; he said she seems not open to receiving them at this time...

But at least moving out of here will not be a completely tense and horrid experience, filled with guilt, resentment and regret...

And maybe now I can let go of the long-held belief (lie) that all conflict is always my fault because I'm such an unreasonable, difficult human being!!!

 







No comments:

Post a Comment