There's something to be said for Kitchen Table Wisdom - you know, like in the old days when people sat around the kitchen table after a meal and talked about life, the universe and the meaning of it all - as well as the gossip doing the rounds in town...

Well, that's what this place is - a place to share common wisdom, thoughts and feelings about things important and unimportant, that bring us joy, laughter and happiness and that trouble, sadden, confuse and anger us ...

What I write here is what's 'real' for me. It won't always be PC or 'nice'. We're missing out on true connection and chances to grow and change because there's too little authenticity, too little honesty, too much holding back what we really feel and mean.

Welcome to my world...

I used to have a copyright claim here, but I've removed it...

Ideas don't belong to anyone -

they come to those who are receptive and are to be used for the well being of all...

I find images and movies and music all over the web

and I use them to accent/expand on my thoughts and understandings...


If you feel you have experienced or received something of value in reading my posts,

please consider either:

Giving a Koha/Love Offering Here - Donate with WePay

or paying it forward to those who need

material and emotional/spiritual sustenance in this world...


Thank You


As You Think, So It Is - Your Beliefs Create Your Reality

If your Reality isn't Working for You, Create a New One!

Life Unlimited!


Namaste

(the Divine in me, recognises and honours the Divine in you)

Sahila




Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cause & Effect...


Chose to break the lock box and turn the heat up to 68... 

Housemates came out to see what the noise (breaking the lock box) was... 

My peer told me I would have to reimburse them $20 for the lock box; I said no because I hadn't agreed to it being put there...

The three of them got together and had a confab and then came out to confront me..

We have now had a blazing row - well, I did the  ranting, raving and blazing while my housemates sat in manipulative calm, being arrogant and patronising, showing me how much better, more evolved, more sophisticated they were as people - about the crap that has been going on here...


End result - nothing good gained (aside from putting on the table all that I have been observing/thinking/feeling these past three months) except my assertion and their agreement that we (Connor and I) will be out of here as soon as we can and that in the meantime we should stay out of each others' way... 

It turns out that they thought I was turning the thermostat up to 70 instead of 68 to spite them.   In reality, in the dim light of the early morning, without my glasses, I sometimes missed the 68 mark and ended up closer to the 70 point...

Their final remark was that if I turned the thermostat up to 70, they would turn it back down... which was all that needed to happen in the first place!

All about attributing false motives to others, rather than bothering to clarify/ask, and about power and control...

Which speaks volumes about how my housemates view themselves and others and function in life, in spite of their Buddhist teachings...

PS - WAS THAT A RED OR BLUE GEM I PUT OUT THERE?   RIGHT NOW, IT FEELS LIKE A RED GEM, BUT I'VE LEARNED THAT SOMETIMES WHAT LOOKS LIKE A RED GEM IN ONE LIGHT, IS ACTUALLY A BLUE GEM IN ANOTHER... ANOTHER AND/ALSO PARADOX LEADING TO A SINGULARITY OF "IT JUST IS"...






No comments:

Post a Comment