There's something to be said for Kitchen Table Wisdom - you know, like in the old days when people sat around the kitchen table after a meal and talked about life, the universe and the meaning of it all - as well as the gossip doing the rounds in town...

Well, that's what this place is - a place to share common wisdom, thoughts and feelings about things important and unimportant, that bring us joy, laughter and happiness and that trouble, sadden, confuse and anger us ...

What I write here is what's 'real' for me. It won't always be PC or 'nice'. We're missing out on true connection and chances to grow and change because there's too little authenticity, too little honesty, too much holding back what we really feel and mean.

Welcome to my world...

I used to have a copyright claim here, but I've removed it...

Ideas don't belong to anyone -

they come to those who are receptive and are to be used for the well being of all...

I find images and movies and music all over the web

and I use them to accent/expand on my thoughts and understandings...


If you feel you have experienced or received something of value in reading my posts,

please consider either:

Giving a Koha/Love Offering Here - Donate with WePay

or paying it forward to those who need

material and emotional/spiritual sustenance in this world...


Thank You


As You Think, So It Is - Your Beliefs Create Your Reality

If your Reality isn't Working for You, Create a New One!

Life Unlimited!


Namaste

(the Divine in me, recognises and honours the Divine in you)

Sahila




Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ch-Ch-Changes...


 
Everything we touch, we change...
 
We take in energy constantly, and although this is how we feed, this energy is never destroyed.  Through us, it is transformed.  It changes states.  It resonates to a higher level...

Yet every birth is accompanied by struggle and pain... 
 
Every rebirth is just as painful. It may seem that we bring destruction, chaos, and turmoil to all those around us.   And in a sense we do.  But the changes are always for the better, even though the initial change may seem terrible...

Change is terrible. It tears away what we've grown comfortable with.  It destroys what we find familiar, stable, and simple, leaving uncertainty in its wake...
 
But to face uncertainty and to thrive is to become stronger.  Everything must change or die.   We are active participants in this universal mystery...

Every person that we come into contact with, no matter how casually, is altered... 
 
Wherever we go, change will follow... 
 
Our dynamic spirits stretch out all around us, and the wake we leave in our passing is like ripples on the ocean.   Only the ripples we cause can become tidal waves..

As beings on a threshhold state, we are living embodiments of the dynamic complementarity that keeps the universe in constant motion.   This is our burden...
 
Yet this also is our purpose.  In the grey area between two polar opposites lies revelation... 
 
We feed upon all around us.   Yet we can also harness that energy to heal... 
 
We tear away and bring destruction, yet we also nurture new growth.  This is our nature, the mystery of who we are...

There is no rebirth without destruction...
 
Light only blinds without shadow to throw it into relief..
 
Understanding comes from balancing all these things within the Self...
 
We are that Balance.  We affect it, and it affects us...
 
We are facilitators of the universal flow...
 
We must accept this, and never fear to move with that flow...
~author unknown
 
 
LYRICS:
 
I still don't know what I was waiting for
And my time was running wild
A million dead-end streets
Every time I thought I'd got it made
It seemed the taste was not so sweet
So I turned myself to face me
But I've never caught a glimpse
Of how the others must see the faker
I'm much too fast to take that test

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Don't want to be a richer man
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Just gonna have to be a different man
Time may change me
But I can't trace time

I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence and
So the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're going through

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Don't tell t hem to grow up and out of it
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Where's your shame
You've left us up to our necks in it
Time may change me
But you can't trace time

Strange fascination, fascinating me
Changes are taking the pace I'm going through

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Oh, look out you rock 'n rollers
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Pretty soon you're gonna get a little older
Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment