There's something to be said for Kitchen Table Wisdom - you know, like in the old days when people sat around the kitchen table after a meal and talked about life, the universe and the meaning of it all - as well as the gossip doing the rounds in town...

Well, that's what this place is - a place to share common wisdom, thoughts and feelings about things important and unimportant, that bring us joy, laughter and happiness and that trouble, sadden, confuse and anger us ...

What I write here is what's 'real' for me. It won't always be PC or 'nice'. We're missing out on true connection and chances to grow and change because there's too little authenticity, too little honesty, too much holding back what we really feel and mean.

Welcome to my world...

I used to have a copyright claim here, but I've removed it...

Ideas don't belong to anyone -

they come to those who are receptive and are to be used for the well being of all...

I find images and movies and music all over the web

and I use them to accent/expand on my thoughts and understandings...


If you feel you have experienced or received something of value in reading my posts,

please consider either:

Giving a Koha/Love Offering Here - Donate with WePay

or paying it forward to those who need

material and emotional/spiritual sustenance in this world...


Thank You


As You Think, So It Is - Your Beliefs Create Your Reality

If your Reality isn't Working for You, Create a New One!

Life Unlimited!


Namaste

(the Divine in me, recognises and honours the Divine in you)

Sahila




Thursday, February 24, 2011

Don't Know Whether I'm Coming Or Going...




1: It's almost the end of mid-winter break and the boy has been home; we've had fun with play dates and movies (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and some of the Star Wars series), haircuts, hamburgers and shakes and some new clothes... boy got spectacles and while he won't say they help him see, he wears them everyday - puts them on when he wakes up without being told...

2: Am 99.5% moved out of the old house (now dealing with messiness in two places) and the former housemates have been horrible AGAIN, despite the apology one of them made... in my book, 3 strikes and you're out, so I'm done - not spending any more emotional energy worrying about retrieving anything amicable out of this situation;


3: Am watching the beginnings of revolution around the world and here in the US and am excited, but am sitting back observing, waiting to see if/when serious push back from the authorities will begin and what form that will take;


4: Am wary of what's happening now, because I have the same feeling I did when Obama was elected - better the devil you know than the one you don't and I could tell he wasn't 'real'/didn't have the personal power to walk his talk... 
  

Always felt the 'powers that be' behind the scenes pulling strings, thought it was better to have a black man in charge than a white woman... and having a black man in power has made absolutely no difference at all... in fact, I don't think this country has changed direction - in my view it's going further and faster down the path begun by Reagan in the 80s...

5:  Have lots to write about, but no real alone time to marshal those thoughts into coherent posts - maybe after this last push to finish the move, and the boy going back to school...

6:  Am still confused about what is the next step... stay here or go back to Australia... will continue with the paperwork for the move next week and we'll see how it plays out...


7:  Miss my other children and wondering what it's like for my friends in Christchurch, New Zealand, with this horrible earthquake aftershock happening this week...   Floods in Brisbane, earthquakes in Christchurch - both places I have called home... hard times for many people...

8:  Had a melanoma cut out of my cheek yesterday; now waiting for the biopsy results to see if I need more treatment... melanoma is cancer - shades of the breast cancer journey repeating itself... had female relatives die of breast cancer and a grandfather die of melanoma... would be very weird if my former housemate and I ended up having a race to the cure/death of our very own!


9:  Been busy with education activism on the net; losing interest in challenging and countering the mis-information - a bit burned out, I guess.   More interested now in building something new, but where to start?


10:  Feel like I'm carrying a lot (have had to talk with the boy about us all being alone on our journey), but also am aware of the support I have been getting from some lovely, kind, caring people/energies in this and other dimensions... and so grateful for our warm, cosy little house to stay in... peaceful and calm...

11:  The weather too, doesn't seem to know whether its Arthur or Martha...  It's been trying to snow here for the past two days... lots of flurries but not a lot of it sticking around for long, and then sunny breaks...


All-in-all, a case of mid-winter blah!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment