There's something to be said for Kitchen Table Wisdom - you know, like in the old days when people sat around the kitchen table after a meal and talked about life, the universe and the meaning of it all - as well as the gossip doing the rounds in town...

Well, that's what this place is - a place to share common wisdom, thoughts and feelings about things important and unimportant, that bring us joy, laughter and happiness and that trouble, sadden, confuse and anger us ...

What I write here is what's 'real' for me. It won't always be PC or 'nice'. We're missing out on true connection and chances to grow and change because there's too little authenticity, too little honesty, too much holding back what we really feel and mean.

Welcome to my world...

I used to have a copyright claim here, but I've removed it...

Ideas don't belong to anyone -

they come to those who are receptive and are to be used for the well being of all...

I find images and movies and music all over the web

and I use them to accent/expand on my thoughts and understandings...


If you feel you have experienced or received something of value in reading my posts,

please consider either:

Giving a Koha/Love Offering Here - Donate with WePay

or paying it forward to those who need

material and emotional/spiritual sustenance in this world...


Thank You


As You Think, So It Is - Your Beliefs Create Your Reality

If your Reality isn't Working for You, Create a New One!

Life Unlimited!


Namaste

(the Divine in me, recognises and honours the Divine in you)

Sahila




Monday, February 7, 2011

2/3 Done...




Move yesterday went relatively well, considering my state of unpreparedness...

Thanks to wonderful friends Chris, Charra, Brant, Cecilia and Paul, 2/3 of the furniture and boxes are gone, with the rest being done in slow time this week and a final push next Sunday, though I've paid our share of the rent until the end of the month...

Spent last night happy in the house we are minding for the next few months...

Though it will take a bit of getting used to the multiple clocks chiming cheerily on the 1/4 hour, the 1/2 hour, the 3/4 hour and the full hour!!!



Woke up today, very tired and quite sore... I feel old!


Will bring the cats and more of the food over this evening...


Lots of reflection happening in the process, and lots to write about...

But that's going to have to wait for a day or so, until I move my computer over... 

Since we're no longer 'living' at the old address, the housemates have turned the heater way down low, down to 55F in the daytime, and my fingers are too cold to type much...


The lovely owner at the house we are minding, has the thermostat set at 72F for the daytime... 

I'll be paying for the oil and power we use, but it's so nice not to have to argue about what's a reasonable temperature for comfortable Seattle winter living...


And one of the former housemates has just come through the family room (at the old house) to ask if I intend to use the internet here for much longer, implying I shouldn't because I'm no longer paying for it... I said no, I've  organised internet service at the new house starting tomorrow... I'll offer $5 for my share of the internet over 7 days, if they like!...


This morning, I've taken care of about half of the administration/personal business stuff related to moving house...

I try not to think about all the hassle and the circumstances that have surrounded all these moves in the US...

Otherwise, I just get plain pissed off... and that doesn't get me and Connor anywhere...







No comments:

Post a Comment