There's something to be said for Kitchen Table Wisdom - you know, like in the old days when people sat around the kitchen table after a meal and talked about life, the universe and the meaning of it all - as well as the gossip doing the rounds in town...

Well, that's what this place is - a place to share common wisdom, thoughts and feelings about things important and unimportant, that bring us joy, laughter and happiness and that trouble, sadden, confuse and anger us ...

What I write here is what's 'real' for me. It won't always be PC or 'nice'. We're missing out on true connection and chances to grow and change because there's too little authenticity, too little honesty, too much holding back what we really feel and mean.

Welcome to my world...

I used to have a copyright claim here, but I've removed it...

Ideas don't belong to anyone -

they come to those who are receptive and are to be used for the well being of all...

I find images and movies and music all over the web

and I use them to accent/expand on my thoughts and understandings...


If you feel you have experienced or received something of value in reading my posts,

please consider either:

Giving a Koha/Love Offering Here - Donate with WePay

or paying it forward to those who need

material and emotional/spiritual sustenance in this world...


Thank You


As You Think, So It Is - Your Beliefs Create Your Reality

If your Reality isn't Working for You, Create a New One!

Life Unlimited!


Namaste

(the Divine in me, recognises and honours the Divine in you)

Sahila




Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Arrived Early In Seattle...


I've already got my Christmas present,


as have many Seattle public education advocates:

"Seattle scores victory over GATES and BROAD; evicts education deformist superintendent, kicks out/dumps two education deform puppet school board directors and the deformist interim super resigns rather than having to compete for her job against other qualified applicants in an open search..."

Not a bad score for the second half of this year...

Get rid of Teach For America and MAP standardised testing and kill charters and common core curriculum before they get their feet under the table and all will be well with the world!!! 
Big grin...

Seriously though, our progress here in Seattle, education deform head honcho Bill Gates' own backyard, is giving a sense of hope to other school districts all over the country, fighting the same hostile corporate takeover of public education...
 
They think that if we can do it here, they can do it anywhere!


Thanks Santa, elves, fairies etc...


 
And the Seattle "establishment" - ie those sycophantic people hanging onto the coat tails of Bill Gates and Eli Broad - is pissy that we parents have not fallen hook, line and sinker for the lies, manipulations and half truths that have been fed to us...

They've been whining in the Seattle "media" over the past couple of weeks about us and our apparent lack of understanding and appreciation of the need for their brand of education deform...

Seattle has the most educated population in the country, in terms of the adults in the city...

And MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, if all of these educated adults have not embraced the Eli Broad and Bill Gates vision of education deform, MAYBE, JUST MAYBE corporatist education deform REALLY IS BAD FOR OUR KIDS - ALL OUR KIDS...

It requires local knowledge of the situation and the players involved to really appreciate the following contributions by parents and teachers within the community, but the visuals should be enough to get the gist:


As AuntyBROAD points out - in 2007 Big Business bought itself a school board:
 
Big Business again used big money to try to keep its school board puppets in power this year, enabling the incumbents to outspend the challengers by an average of 4-1; guess the oligarchs learned that "money can't buy me love"...

LYRICS:
Can't buy me love, love
Can't buy me love

I'll buy you a diamond ring my friend
If it makes you feel all right
I'll get you anything my friend
If it makes you feel all right
Cause I don't care too much for money
For money can't buy me love

I'll give you all I've got to give
If you say you love me too
I may not have a lot to give
but what I've got I'll give to you
For I don't care too much for money
For money can't buy me love

Can't buy me love
Everybody tells me so
Can't buy me love
No, no, no, no

Say you don't need no diamond ring
And I'll be satisfied
Tell me that you want those kind of things
that money just can't buy
For I don't care too much for money
For money can't buy me love

Can't buy me love
Everybody tells me so
Can't buy me love
No, no, no, no

Say you don't need no diamond ring
And I'll be satisfied
Tell me that you want those kind of things
that money just can't buy
For I don't care too much for money
Cause money can't buy me love
Ooh, can't buy me love, love
Can't buy me love, no
Deformist Superintendent does her thing:

Parents: We're Not Stupid...



and from Seattle public school parent Arch Stanton:

 








If you want all the gory details, you can find them at the Public Disclosure Commission, at the Seattle Schools Community Forum and the Seattle Education Blog 
 
Happy Holidays To One And All
 
and Get Ready...
2012 Will Be A Wild Ride
In More Ways Than One...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment